[EXIM] Exim mailbox locking problems (poss)?

Author: Kevin J Collins
To: Exim Users (List)
Subject: [EXIM] Exim mailbox locking problems (poss)?
Hi -

I'm experienceing odd behaviour with our setup here. The
config is Exim 2.12 running on 3 servers (RedHat Linux 5.2)
using NFS to tie the home directories together, so that
each server 'sees' the entire home directory space.

Mail is delivered using a DNS round-robin which should
cycle mail deliveries to mail1, mail2, & mail3 in turn,
under the single (c)name mail.hw

On the MTA side, Simeon-4.1.4 is used with the Washington
Uni Imap daemon (IMAP4rev1 12.250). This daemon expects
mail to be stored in ${HOME}/mbox, wihch is how I've set up
the delivery part of Exim.

The problem is that Simeon seems to lose its connection in
to the ImapD. This results in users (who leave Simeon open
on their desktops) not seeing new mail until they re-start
Simeon.

Can anyone give me any help with this?

TIA,

Kevin_C

Kevin Collins, Computing Services     | Tel.   +44 (0)131 451 3265
Heriot-Watt University, EDINBURGH     | Fax.   +44 (0)131 451 3261
Scotland, UK.  EH14 4AS               | K.J.Collins@???