Re: [EXIM] Exim mailbox locking problems (poss)?

Author: Phil Chambers
To: K.J.Collins
CC: Exim Users (List)
Subject: Re: [EXIM] Exim mailbox locking problems (poss)?
> Hi -
>
> I'm experienceing odd behaviour with our setup here. The
> config is Exim 2.12 running on 3 servers (RedHat Linux 5.2)
> using NFS to tie the home directories together, so that
> each server 'sees' the entire home directory space.
>
> Mail is delivered using a DNS round-robin which should
> cycle mail deliveries to mail1, mail2, & mail3 in turn,
> under the single (c)name mail.hw
>
> On the MTA side, Simeon-4.1.4 is used with the Washington
> Uni Imap daemon (IMAP4rev1 12.250). This daemon expects
> mail to be stored in ${HOME}/mbox, wihch is how I've set up
> the delivery part of Exim.
>
> The problem is that Simeon seems to lose its connection in
> to the ImapD. This results in users (who leave Simeon open
> on their desktops) not seeing new mail until they re-start
> Simeon.
>
> Can anyone give me any help with this?

The Washington IMAP has a timeout (20 minutes, I think) if Simeon is set to check
for new messages less often than that timeout then the IMAP processes will die
when Simeon is idle. Simeon checking is found via Tool/Options/Edit then Message
organizer.

Phil.
Phil Chambers (postmaster@???)
University of Exeter