Re: [EXIM] Pausing local deliveries temporarily

Author: Jeffrey Goldberg
To: Eelco Vriezekolk
CC: Exim-users
Subject: Re: [EXIM] Pausing local deliveries temporarily
On Fri, 30 Apr 1999, Eelco Vriezekolk wrote:

> I am changing the directory in which local mailboxes are stored, and I
> would like to pause (halt, delay) local deliveries while I am busy
> moving maildrop files around.

I haven't actually done this, but I've thought about it when there might
be a need to manually manipulate a maildrop file.

You could set up an early directory (before most other directors) which
would look like

deferred_users:
driver = aliasefile
no_more
file = /path/to/deferred_aliases
search_type = lsearch

And then have the deffered_aliases be something like

customer001: :defer: Deferred while working with mailbox

etc.

Most of the time that aliases file would be empty, but a username can be
added just before manipulating a mailbox and then removed right
afterwards.

Please note: I have NOT tested this. Nor have I checked the specs on the
components of this. This may have many many errors in it. It may even be
the wrong approach.

-j

--
Jeffrey Goldberg                +44 (0)1234 750 111 x 2826
 Cranfield Computer Centre      FAX         751 814