Re: [EXIM] DynamicIP Spam Sources List (DSSL)

Author: Mark Lowes
Subject: Re: [EXIM] DynamicIP Spam Sources List (DSSL)
The entity claiming to be Exim Mailing List Subscriber wrote...
> In message <m10bSgJ-000g5eC@???>,
> woods@??? (Greg A. Woods) wrote:

[...]

Ok you want to advertise your DUL, but it's not relevant to exim except
for a single mention. IMO this list is not the place to discuss the
merits of the various blocking services.

[...]
> number of hits you got from each of the two lists. I'm confident that
> you will see more through spam stopping when consulting the DSSL list.

Hits does not nessarily equate to spam blocked.

[...]
> >Also, why is it that everything to do with imrss.org is so *totally*
> >anonymous? Who are you guys? Why are you hiding behind "role"
> >accounts?
>
> Sorry. Force of habit. We get cranks threatening to sue us from time to
> time, and the role accounts just make it a little bit easier to convince
> them to just give up, go away, and annoy somebody else.

Fine, your problem. The MAPS people seem to have this sorted without
hiding.

> P.S. Please define ``accountable''. Is Paul Vixie ``accountable''? What
> are you going to do to him if he messes up? Not like him?

If he f*cks up in a suitably serious fashion then dropping his service is
a good start, beyond that... well it depends on the effect on our service.

However as pointed out earlier this list is for the discussion of _EXIM_
not ip blocking, the various block lists etc etc, there are many other
places for these discussions.

    Mark

--
Mark Lowes <hamster@???> |I use technology in order to