Re: [EXIM] Anonymous messages

Author: Ronald F. Guilmette (exim-users)
To: Microwave Systems Eximlist Exploder
CC: Steen Hammerum, exim-users
Subject: Re: [EXIM] Anonymous messages

In message <Pine.LNX.4.10.9904251557130.32128-100000@???>,
Microwave Systems Eximlist Exploder <eximlist@???> wrote:

>I don't know about the IMRSS folk, but I send to this list from what
>certainly appears to be a role address, and it is becuase I wish to
>receive the exim list content at this alternate address specifically
>set for the purpose, and I can only post from a subscribed address. I
>do not wish to subscribe my normal address becuase I do not wish to
>receive the list there, and if I try to post from it with0ut
>subscribing it, my messages are rejected.
>
>At least one list I have been subscribed to has permitted the option of
>subscribing and setting some flag to not have list traffic sent to that
>address. The server operating the exim list does not support that, so
>this is all I can do.

Correct. This is why I setup a separate exim-users subscriber address
here, rather than just using my own address.

I may perhaps only have time to read this list once a week, on the weekends.
During the rest of the time, I have to keep my regular mailbox free and open
for high-priority stuff.

With many mailing lists, it is not possible to accomplish this unless you
setup a whole separate account to act as the subscriber account for the
list in question.