Re: [EXIM] System filters

Author: Dr Andrew C Aitchison
To: Bruce Bowler
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [EXIM] System filters
On Tue, 30 Mar 1999, Bruce Bowler wrote:

> I'm a little confused about system filters and just thought I'd check
> before I go tossing email into the deep freeze...
>
> Is the following a complete system filter (ie will "melissa messages" get
> frozen and non "melissa messages" get delivered) or do I need a specific
> action to complete the delivery...

Based solely on my experience with exim filters in .forward,
I think anything not catching in the filter is passed through,
and thus delivered or not, as if the system filter didn't exist.

> (Borrowed from Ken Bailey)
>
> # only works if Melissa is predictible and conformist...
> #
> if $header_Subject contains "Important Message From" and
>    $message_body contains
>     "Here is that document you asked for... don't show anyone else"

> {bruce here -- Should there also be a 'and not error_message' clause in
> here??}

You want that somewhere, but I'd go for a first line like:

    if error_message then finish endif

- probably safer when you add a rule for the next virus, but forgot the
error_message test.

Dr. Andrew C. Aitchison        Computer Officer, DPMMS, Cambridge
A.C.Aitchison@???    http://www.dpmms.cam.ac.uk/~werdna