Re: [EXIM] System filters

Author: Bruce Bowler
To: Nigel Metheringham
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [EXIM] System filters
At 06:05 PM 3/30/99 +0100, Nigel Metheringham wrote:

>bbowler@??? said:
>> Is the following a complete system filter (ie will "melissa messages"
>> get frozen and non "melissa messages" get delivered) or do I need a
>> specific action to complete the delivery...
>
>That should do it. After testing I would tend to change that freeze to
>a fail and change the message to be more informative to an end user (ie
>add a URL) - thats because I don't like having things that make work
>for me to do.

But the 'fail' is going to go back to the sender, who in this case is a
'bad guy' (but perhaps s/he doesn't know it) and since said sender was
(perhaps inadvertantly) trying to make my life difficult, to heck with
whether or not I make the sender do a little extra work :-)

Bruce Bowler                             207.633.9600 (voice)
Research Associate                       207.633.9641 (fax)
Bigelow Laboratory for Ocean Sciences    bbowler@???
West Boothbay Harbor ME  04575           http://www.bigelow.org/