RE: [EXIM] Exim's GID UID

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Pollywog
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: RE: [EXIM] Exim's GID UID
On Wed, 27 Jan 1999, Pollywog wrote:

> I just found out what is going on. If I do add the GID and UID to the
> Makefile, I must set Exim's binary suid root. It is probably better not
> to do that and not specify those settings in Exim's Makefile, correct?

It depends entirely on what you are doing. Exim needs to be setuid root
if it is going to be run as a daemon and started by a non-root process,
OR if it is going to do any local deliveries. Otherwise it could be
setuid something else.

This is to some extent independent of whether you define an Exim UID/GID
or not. It is recommended that you do because then Exim will run as that
UID/GID when receiving messages and when doing remote deliveries,
assuming it was setuid root to start with.

I am a little confused by this thread. You obviously had Exim running
before. I don't think I have made any incompatible changes. So why
didn't just copying your Local/Makfile and your configuration file just
work?