Re: [EXIM] Exim's GID UID

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Vadim Vygonets
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] Exim's GID UID
Quoth Pollywog on Wed, Jan 27, 1999:
> I just found out what is going on. If I do add the GID and UID to the
> Makefile, I must set Exim's binary suid root. It is probably better not
> to do that and not specify those settings in Exim's Makefile, correct?

Incorrect. In case that you want your users to get mail to their
own private mailboxes. Well, situations where setuidrootness is
not needed may exist, but they are not the norm.

Vadik.

--
If there was anything that depressed him more than his own
cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as