Re: [EXIM] periodic queue runs

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Harald Meland
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] periodic queue runs
[Marc Haber]

> On Sat, 16 Jan 1999 17:04:37 +0200, you wrote:
> >Quoth Marc Haber on Fri, Jan 15, 1999:
> >> I understand that in most situations exim runs as a combined daemon
> >> (exim -bd -q2m) - but will it run as two separate daemons as well?
> >
> >Yes. But why -q2m? Do you really want the daemon to run every
> >two minutes?
>
> Yes. The queue runner daemon will only be running when the dial-up
> line is up and will be killed when the line is going down. Actually, I
> would prefer e-mail delivered to exim while the line is up to be
> delivered immediately but that would mean to change queue_smtp and to
> re-start exim. So the only means I have is to have the queue run every
> two minutes while the line is up.

If you've set things up to run some command automatically whenever the
dial-up line goes up (and down) anyway, why couldn't those commands be
something like this:

On connect:
  /bin/sh -c 'rm /usr/exim/configure; \
              ln -s configure.link_is_up /usr/exim/configure; \
              kill -HUP `cat /var/lock/exim-daemon.pid`; \
              /usr/exim/bin/exim -qf; '

And on disconnect:
  /bin/sh -c 'rm /usr/exim/configure; \
              ln -s configure.link_is_down /usr/exim/configure; \
              kill -HUP `cat /usr/exim/spool/exim-daemon.pid`; '

One of the likely differences between configure.link_is_up and
configure.link_is_down would then be the value of `queue_smtp'.
--
Harald