Re: [EXIM] periodic queue runs

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Alexander Koch
A: exim-users
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] periodic queue runs
On Fri, 15 January 1999 21:00:55 +0000, Marc Haber wrote:
> Will I break something seriously if I have two exim daemons on the
> same machine? One (exim -bd) would run continuously and another (exim
> -q2m) would only run while the dial-up connection is up.

Two daemons? A "daemon" (in opposite to a "queue runner") tries
to bind itself to port 25. So you do not want to run two daemons.

> I understand that in most situations exim runs as a combined daemon
> (exim -bd -q2m) - but will it run as two separate daemons as well?

I am afraid we have a slight misunderstanding here...
A daemon takes mail on port 25. A daemon also runs the queue
periodically. Another Exim may of course be started to run the
queue, but you can *not* run the second one with -bd or -q2m but
perhaps with something -qf (as someone else already pointed out).

An at job comes to my mind. You could start atd when dialing in
and kill it when you hang up. I hate atd and I do not run it
always so that would be ok for me. Depends on whether you need at
for any other things.

Alexander

--
Das Leben ist voller Huegel, die man hinaufklettert und sich dann aergert,
dass man nicht im flachen Norddeutschland geblieben ist. [tm Efraim]