Re: [EXIM] periodic queue runs

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Marc Haber
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] periodic queue runs
On Sat, 16 Jan 1999 17:04:37 +0200, you wrote:
>Quoth Marc Haber on Fri, Jan 15, 1999:
>> I understand that in most situations exim runs as a combined daemon
>> (exim -bd -q2m) - but will it run as two separate daemons as well?
>
>Yes. But why -q2m? Do you really want the daemon to run every
>two minutes?

Yes. The queue runner daemon will only be running when the dial-up
line is up and will be killed when the line is going down. Actually, I
would prefer e-mail delivered to exim while the line is up to be
delivered immediately but that would mean to change queue_smtp and to
re-start exim. So the only means I have is to have the queue run every
two minutes while the line is up.

>At home, I set up exim so it tries to deliver the
>messages to the recepient's MX host, if it fails, it tries to
>deliver them to our mailserver. And when I bring up the PPP
>link, "exim -qf" runs.

What happens when you are doing a lengthy download and write mail
while the download is running? Your mail is not deliverd until the PPP
link comes up for the next time.

Am I missing something?

Greetings
Marc