Re: [EXIM] How to only use a smart host for "good" addresses…

トップ ページ
このメッセージを削除
このメッセージに返信
著者: Frank Elsner
To: Marc Haber
CC: exim-users
題目: Re: [EXIM] How to only use a smart host for "good" addresses?
On Mon, 21 Dec 1998 11:43:23 GMT Marc Haber wrote:

> I have exim configured to send all mail through a smart host since
> that machine is behind a dial-up line and I am concerned about the
> mail being delivered at maximum line speed instead of waiting for a
> mail server in west siberia to accept the connection.
>
> However, when somebody mistypes an address that yields a known bad
> address like "localpart@???", this mail is delivered to
> the smart host too. This causes bounces not to go to me as postmaster
> of the exim machine, but to our ISP's postmaster.
>
> Is there any way to have the router
>
> |smarthost:
> |        driver ýomainlist
> |        transport ÿemote_smtp
> |        host_find_failed ÿreeze
> |        route_list ÿ* SMARTHOST bydns_a"

> check DNS for the domain first and pass the mail to SMARTHOST only if
> the address has been deemed deliverable by the DNS lookup?
>
> Any hints will be appreciated

I had the same problem until Fri, 11 Dec 1998 10:36:12 +0000 (BST)
                       when Philip Hazel wrote:

| Set no_verify on the router which sends everything to your major
| relay, and insert a new router with verify_only that does general
| routing using DNS lookups (e.g. the default lookuphost router), or any
| other verification you want.

When I'm at home I'll send you this part of my configuration
                               which I use at for for similar reasons.

> Greetings
> Marc

Frank Elsner  /                           c/o  Technische Universitaet Berlin |
 ____________/                                 ZRZ, Sekr. E-N 50              |

|                                              Einsteinufer 17                |

|Voice: +49 30 314 23897                       D-10587 Berlin                 |
|SMTP : Elsner@???                        Germany                |
|X400 : /S=Elsner/OU=zrz/P=TU-Berlin/A=d400/C=de/            _________________|