著者: Jeffrey Goldberg
To: Nigel Metheringham
CC: Marc Haber, exim-users
題目: Re: [EXIM] why exicyclog?
On Mon, 21 Dec 1998, Nigel Metheringham wrote:

> Marc.Haber-lists@??? said:

> } Will I be breaking something if I use Redhat's logrotate instead?
>
> Not at all.
> However if you compress the files remember that things can write to it for
> a little while. So the best thing to do is use the compress after a day
> option.

That is also typical of most redhat logrotate configs.

I know that this isn't really the appropriate place to ask, but
I hope someone will indulge me. Has anyone managed to port
redhat's log rotate to Digital Unix/OSF1 ? It appears to rely on
some RedHat specific replacement for getopt.

-j

--
Jeffrey Goldberg                +44 (0)1234 750 111 x 2826
 Cranfield Computer Centre      FAX         751 814