Re: [EXIM] How to only use a smart host for "good" addresses…

トップ ページ
このメッセージを削除
このメッセージに返信
著者: Marc Haber
To: exim-users
題目: Re: [EXIM] How to only use a smart host for "good" addresses?
On Mon, 21 Dec 1998 13:57:29 +0000 (BST), you wrote:
>On Mon, 21 Dec 1998, Marc Haber wrote:
>> However, when somebody mistypes an address that yields a known bad
>> address like "localpart@???", this mail is delivered to
>> the smart host too. This causes bounces not to go to me as postmaster
>> of the exim machine, but to our ISP's postmaster.
>
>Why is that happening? The message should be sent to the smarthost with
>the correct sender, so the bounce should return to that sender.

The bounce goes to that sender. However, the bounce is generated on
the smarthost which is not "my" machine. Since most of my users are
computer-illiterate, I'd like to have a copy of the bounces. Since the
are generated on a remote system and addressed to one of my users, I
can't configure myself in. So I'd rather have the bounces generated on
my local system.

Greetings
Marc