Re: [EXIM] Wish List Item (errm, not really!)

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Philip Hazel
Para: Vadim Vygonets
CC: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [EXIM] Wish List Item (errm, not really!)
On Wed, 18 Nov 1998, Vadim Vygonets wrote:

> If the luser can't read the first line (was created
> automatically, software, etc.), then it is too stupid to live.
> You don't expect a program to ask you to "would you please be so
> kind to press the Return key on your keyboard, please, I beg you,
> only if it's not too hard for you and you're not too busy right
> now". A mailer-daemon reply must be informative, short, to the
> point, indicating the error and the cause of the error,
> explaining shortly and simply enough what happened, just not like
> this sentence. And without "Dear Sir/Madam" in the beginning and
> "Have a nice day" in the end.

That it exactly my view on this matter. I have tried to make the
messages short, clear, factual, and with as little jargon as possible.
Of course there is always room for improvement, and I'm willing to
consider any suggestions people make, but I won't clutter them up with
gratuitous obsequious noise words.