Re: [EXIM] Wish List Item (errm, not really!)

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: G.E.Fowler
Para: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [EXIM] Wish List Item (errm, not really!)
Folks

While not being entirely serious when I first made this posting, I
think I may have touched a bit of a raw nerve with some people!

I wasn't asking in any way, shape or form that Exim be rewritten to
speak clear, conersational English. My view of the matter is that the
error messages it generates are quite clear enough - it's just that the
majority of users (in mine and obviously many others' experience) don't
seem to understand the fact that there's no real live human being
involved with the direct processing of their mail.

I may decide to make the messages even more obvious next time we move
Exim up a notch, but that will only be after some discussion with my
colleagues.

In the meantime, I'll stop cluttering up the list with attempts at
humour - it only gets in the way of the serious (and exceedingly
useful!) matters we deal with.

Graeme
Graeme Fowler
Network Officer, Infrastructure & Networks Group
Loughborough University Computing Services
+44 1509 228426