Re: [EXIM] Wish List Item (errm, not really!)

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Vadim Vygonets
Para: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [EXIM] Wish List Item (errm, not really!)
Quoth G.E.Fowler@??? on Tue, Nov 17, 1998:
> One of our users has just responded to a MAILER-DAEMON reply regarding
> an unknown recipient with the following (names changed to protect etc
> etc...)
>
> >Make this more polite!!!
>
> >At 07:50 PM 11/13/98 +0000, you wrote:
> >>This message was created automatically by mail delivery software.

If the luser can't read the first line (was created
automatically, software, etc.), then it is too stupid to live.
You don't expect a program to ask you to "would you please be so
kind to press the Return key on your keyboard, please, I beg you,
only if it's not too hard for you and you're not too busy right
now". A mailer-daemon reply must be informative, short, to the
point, indicating the error and the cause of the error,
explaining shortly and simply enough what happened, just not like
this sentence. And without "Dear Sir/Madam" in the beginning and
"Have a nice day" in the end.

Vadik.

--
It was state of the art, he said.
The art in this case was probably pottery.