Re: [EXIM] Mail systems stats etc

Author: Ben Smithurst
To: Nigel Metheringham
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [EXIM] Mail systems stats etc
(completely off topic I know, but ...)

Nigel Metheringham wrote:

> Qmail is in use by one of the biggies - UUNET/Pipex but I don't know of
> other in the UK nor do I have a good feel for their volume.

I think Force9, Clara and Cableinet use qmail, though I could be
wrong. Volumes for those three are left as an exercise for the reader
(because I have no idea, basically)

(I dread to think what volumes demon's punts get... hmm... quick check
shows that I get 325 messages a day from demon's machines (and read much
less)... multiply by 200,000 customers... 65 million messages per day,
752 messages per second. That's quite scary. Most users probably don't
get quite as much mail as me though, I'm on quite a few FreeBSD lists,
so I'm probably a few orders of magnitude out :-)

--
Ben Smithurst                                          ben@???