Re: [EXIM] local domains: handling exeptions

Author: Steve Rawlinson
To: Philip Hazel
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [EXIM] local domains: handling exeptions
> (b) Set up a domainlist router like this as your first router
>
> yoyo_domains:
> driver = domainlist
> self = local
> domains = *.yoyo.org
> except_domains = @lsearch;/list/of/exceptions
> route_list = * localhost byname

This option seems to do exactly what I am after.

I have previously avoided the self = local option because I dont want to
cause unnecessry dns lookups for every local email. If I put
127.0.0.1 instead of localhost would I be right in thinking
that

a) no dns resolution is required for each mail because the domanins
criterior is checked first
b) nobody can fool my mail server into thinking it should act as
local for their domain by putting me in as lowest MX because it wont
match the domains

steve