Re: [EXIM] The W-Word OS?

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: J C Lawrence
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] The W-Word OS?
On Fri, 30 Oct 1998 03:40:28 +0200
Vadim Vygonets<vadik@???> wrote:

> Of _course_ we will. The options you have are:

> 1. Use M Sexchange or similar product.
> 2. Port Exim to NT.
> 3. Get an old 486, install a kind of UNIX on it, put it under
>    your table so nobody will know, and install Exim on it.  You
>    will need to get some SIMMs for 486, though.

For those interested I'e found that an i486-33 with 8Meg of RAM and a
Gig or so of disk (a box generally purchasable for about US$50 on the
second hand market) can easily handle the mail losd from a mid-size
(few hundred employees == <100,000 messages per day). The only thing
you need to be careful of is setting the simultaneous execution
limits, both by count and system load.

Heck -- I've also run leafnode news servers on the same box along with
Exim and had them work fine.

> Sorry, but that's it.

One ruse it to run X, and use a GIF'ed version of winnt.bmp as the
root image. Rumour has it that it will fool most managers...

--
J C Lawrence                               Internet: claw@???
----------(*)                             Internet: coder@???