Re: [EXIM] The W-Word OS?

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Vadim Vygonets
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] The W-Word OS?
Quoth Jeffrey Goldberg on Fri, Oct 30, 1998:
> On Fri, 30 Oct 1998, Vadim Vygonets wrote:
>
> > [...] The options you have are:
> >
> > 1. Use M Sexchange or similar product.
> > 2. Port Exim to NT.
> > 3. Get an old 486, install a kind of UNIX on it, put it under
> >    your table so nobody will know, and install Exim on it.  You
> >    will need to get some SIMMs for 486, though.

> Since 3 is obviously the best option, I would also add that you put
> a lot of memory in the machine so that you can run X and use one of the
> windows managers that has an NT look to it just in case someone walks by.

Wrong approach. The right approach is to set the machine up with
no monitor. And put it somewhere noone sees it. Under the
table, or under the computer room floor. It will also be nice if
you can set up a serial console and connect the serial cable to
your workstation.

Vadik.

--
It was state of the art, he said.
The art in this case was probably pottery.