Re: [EXIM] How about a Virus filter?

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Peter Radcliffe
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] How about a Virus filter?
Nigel Metheringham <Nigel.Metheringham@???> probably said:
> A.C.Aitchison@??? said:
> } What do people think about removing infected attachments, adding an
> } appropriate message and delivering the mail as normal, possibly
> } sending a message to the sender too ?
>
> I would argue that this is way outside what the MTA (or at least exim)
> should be doing....

I installed a virus filtering program at a customer site just yesterday.
Basicly a wrapper around whatever MTA you use that listens on port 25
and passes things off via what appears to be batched SMTP, kinda cute.

Not sure I'd want it as front line (have a firewall/edge MTA server under
my control pass everything through one or more virus filtering server(s)
and then onto delivery seems reasonable on a large scale) but it looked
quite reasonable.

Payware, of course. I can dig out some pointers to the software if anyone
is interested.

P.

--
pir               pir@???      pir@???      pir@???