Re: [EXIM] How about a Virus filter?

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Paul Mansfield
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] How about a Virus filter?
On Tue, 20 Oct 1998, Peter Radcliffe wrote:
> I installed a virus filtering program at a customer site just yesterday.
> Basicly a wrapper around whatever MTA you use that listens on port 25
> and passes things off via what appears to be batched SMTP, kinda cute.

I saw similar possibilities with SMAP/SMAPd (TIS Firewall kit), but with the
version I used, er, about a year or more ago, you then lose lots of data such
as the sender IP address since it's reinjected by invocation of sendmail/exim
etc directly. It's all at:
    http://www.tis.com/prodserv/fwtk/readme.html

I tried to improve it but when I looked at all the library source code, I had
nightmares, so gave up, found Exim and saw the light!

> Payware, of course. I can dig out some pointers to the software if anyone
> is interested.

URLs always of interest... perhaps to give the list inspiration! This company:
    http://www.software.com/
seems to have tapped a big market ("25M mailboxes licensed"), if you believe
everything you read on the 'net :-)

Paul