Re: [EXIM] How about a Virus filter?

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Nigel Metheringham
A: Dr Andrew C Aitchison
Cc: Mark Seuffert (Pirates), exim-users
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] How about a Virus filter?

A.C.Aitchison@??? said:
} What do people think about removing infected attachments, adding an
} appropriate message and delivering the mail as normal, possibly
} sending a message to the sender too ?

I would argue that this is way outside what the MTA (or at least exim)
should be doing....

Now having a hook so you can shove messages through some form of filter is
fine, and if you expand that filter to disinfect the file (make *very*
sure that you keep a backup copy - you'll need an untouched copy for your
legal case should it be deliberate) is OK. However lets try and keep
exim's role in this to a more generic level....

[Oh Malcolm, what have you unleashed :-) ]

Something I asked about a while back is the possibility to send a message
to a transport with all addresses intact from a filter (in particular the
system filter) - that would fit this use rather nicely. [not looked to
see if I can do it in the latest versions]. Its also a nice way of
handling spam mail - if your filters say its spam then pass it straight to
a BSMTP transport and file it on local disk. Then if your filters are
over imaginative you can just reinject it.

    Nigel.
--
[ Nigel.Metheringham@???   -  Systems Software Engineer ]
[ Tel : +44 113 207 6112                   Fax : +44 113 234 6065 ]