Re: [EXIM] How about a Virus filter?

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Malcolm Beattie
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] How about a Virus filter?
Nigel Metheringham writes:

> A.C.Aitchison@??? said:
> } What do people think about removing infected attachments, adding an
> } appropriate message and delivering the mail as normal, possibly
> } sending a message to the sender too ?
>
> I would argue that this is way outside what the MTA (or at least exim)
> should be doing....
>
> Now having a hook so you can shove messages through some form of filter is
> fine, and if you expand that filter to disinfect the file (make *very*
> sure that you keep a backup copy - you'll need an untouched copy for your
> legal case should it be deliberate) is OK. However lets try and keep
> exim's role in this to a more generic level....
>
> [Oh Malcolm, what have you unleashed :-) ]
>
> Something I asked about a while back is the possibility to send a message
> to a transport with all addresses intact from a filter (in particular the
> system filter) - that would fit this use rather nicely. [not looked to
> see if I can do it in the latest versions]. Its also a nice way of
> handling spam mail - if your filters say its spam then pass it straight to
> a BSMTP transport and file it on local disk. Then if your filters are
> over imaginative you can just reinject it.

I haven't yet looked too hard at filter.c except to determine that,
just like string expansion, it's DIY rather than lex and yacc. I'll
look into plugging perl in (and depending on how that goes, in as a
transport too/instead) when I get the chance. Philip's been trying
out the exim-perl patch and already come across two sillies: I missed
out one of the source files from the patch (perl.c) because I only
looked for .ORI files and I messed up the fake commandilne options to
the embedded perl interpreter so it wanted to read from stdin (I only
ever tested with "exim -d9 -bt ..."). The latest
ftp://ftp.ox.ac.uk/pub/perl/exim-perl-0.4.patch fixes both. He's also
having odd seg fault problems but I can't reproduce that. If anyone
has a bit of spare time to try it, it might help narrow things down.

--Malcolm

--
Malcolm Beattie <mbeattie@???>
Unix Systems Programmer