Re: [EXIM] WishList Request

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Paul Mansfield
Cc: Julian, Exim users mailing list
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] WishList Request
On Fri, 16 Oct 1998, Paul Mansfield wrote:

> what'd be really neat is if Exim became multi-threaded, stop all that forking
> off daemons and thus become much more efficient. however, this would also
> reduce robustness to some extent?

There's only one daemon. Forking from the daemon is to create a new
process for each incoming IP connection. Forking in many other
circumstances happens for security reasons. Running a lot of different
threads in the same address space is clearly less secure.

However, ignoring the security issue, if you wanted to revamp Exim to
use threads it would be a very large task. Almost better to rewrite from
scratch, I would have thought. The current code makes too many
assumptions about the data structure.