Re: [EXIM] WishList Request

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: James Dehnert
Cc: Julian, exim-users
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] WishList Request
On Mon, 19 Oct 1998, James Dehnert wrote:

> One thing that I would find useful would be a simple client ONLY
> compile option. Just about all of the 100 + machines I have right now
> are all set to send all mail to the main server. Most of my e-mail
> clients use pop or imap to connect to the server, so I have most all of
> the clients running exim from inetd. There could probably be a stripped
> down version of exim that only has the smart_host listed in its config
> file.

Well, you can already strip it down so that the only transport in the
binary is smtp and the only router is domainlist; however, you cannot at
the moment strip out the daemon or the smtp-receiving code. I'm not sure
you want to strip out the smtp-receiving code; some local MUAs use the
local SMTP interface for injecting mail. I suppose you might want to
strip out the batch SMTP stuff if you aren't using it.

Point noted, but I'm not at all sure that it is worth spending too much
time on extreme minimalization.