Re: [EXIM] Rewriting for not-local_domains

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Torsten Curdt
Cc: Exim-Mailinglist
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] Rewriting for not-local_domains
On Mon, 13 Jul 1998, Torsten Curdt wrote:

> Rewriting at transport time is still what we'd like to have ;-) !!!

I have put it on the new wish list.

> But there are 2 other things to think about...
> 1. x@??? writes a (local) mail to y@???
>    y@??? (y is in the file) and will be rewritten to y@???
>    now we have mail from x@??? to y@???
>    The Reply-To field (x@???) is ok.
> 2. x@??? writes  a mail to z@???
>    z@??? (z is not in the file) and will be NOT be rewritten
>    now we have a mail from x@??? to z@??? (no local delivery)
>    this mail will leave the intranet and the
>    Reply-To field will become invalid(!) because there's
>    NO domain named foo.de in the outside net!!!

> So I guess the only sollution might be taking ALL the providers domains
> as local domains and always rewrite *@foo.de to *@theguysprovider.com.
> So you would always have a valid Reply-To field and local mail
> will be delivered locally!

Yes, as far as I can see that is the only logical way of doing this kind
of thing if you are not going to have a separate gateway machine that
rewrites mail it is sending to the outside world.

P.Hazel@???          New Museums Site, Cambridge CB2 3QG,
ph10@??? (sic)       England.  Phone: +44 1223 334714