Re: [EXIM] Rewriting for not-local_domains

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Torsten Curdt
A: Exim-Mailinglist
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] Rewriting for not-local_domains
Philip Hazel wrote:
> > > I am pretty sure that you could give your exim a list of your local
> > > users, enabling exim to identify xy@??? as a local address,
> > > doing immediate and local delivery while deliveryin xyz@???
> > > to your provider's smarthost. However, I do not have the slightest
> > > idea how that could be done so you'd have to ask the List :-)
> > Hm... Me either!
> I have got lost in the discussion and am now confused as to exactly what
> is wanted.

First of all...
Rewriting at transport time is still what we'd like to have ;-) !!!
(I guess I'm speaking for some more people as there was a thread before)

Ok, what Marc was thinking of, is to have a local domain foo.de
and to have a list of addresses that are supposed to be delivered
localy also - altough they do not belong to foo.de. (like x@???)
(Am I right, Marc?)

So if anyone writes a local mail to x@??? it will be delivered
localy. If anyone writes to y@??? it will be delivered NOT
localy! So we would have the same addresses localy and outside.

> However, it is certainly possible to do rewriting based on
> lists of users. For example
> *@*   ${lookup{$local_part}lsearch{/users/at/$domain}\
>       {$local_part@???}fail}
> where a file called /users/at/provider.com contains
> xy
> (i.e. a list of local users who have accounts at provider.com). This
> would rewrite xy@??? into xy@???, but not rewrite
> xyz@???, since xyz is not on the list. You could make the
> lookup convert "xy" into some other local part if you wanted to.

Yes, that's ok for the one way...
a local mail to x@??? will be rewritten to x@???.
And will arrive! Good!

But there are 2 other things to think about...
1. x@??? writes a (local) mail to y@???
y@??? (y is in the file) and will be rewritten to y@???
now we have mail from x@??? to y@???
The Reply-To field (x@???) is ok.
2. x@??? writes a mail to z@???
z@??? (z is not in the file) and will be NOT be rewritten
now we have a mail from x@??? to z@??? (no local delivery)
this mail will leave the intranet and the
Reply-To field will become invalid(!) because there's
NO domain named foo.de in the outside net!!!

So I guess the only sollution might be taking ALL the providers domains
as local domains and always rewrite *@foo.de to *@theguysprovider.com.
So you would always have a valid Reply-To field and local mail
will be delivered locally!

Maybe something like...
(I'm not into this file accessing thing)

local_domains = "foo.de:gmx.net:provider.com"
*@foo.de ${lookup{$local_part}lsearch{/users/at/$domain}{$value}fail}

With a file /users/at/foo.de like...
x:acount1@???
y:acount2@???

But I don't think that's a nice sollution!
So we are back to the transport rewriting ;-)

Torsten