Re: [EXIM] another Q on virt. domains

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: vtmue
Cc: eml
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] another Q on virt. domains
On Mon, 13 Jul 1998 vtmue@??? wrote:

> In order to accept mail (=to recognize the domain as local) both for
> a_user@??? as well as a_user@??? it seems that I have to have
> a file containing *.dom.ain and define the searchtype for that file with a
> prepending partial-.

If you have lots of virtual domains, then probably yes. If you have only
a single domain with many subdomains, you could just do

domains = dom.ain:*.dom.ain

> Then it seems to me that I need several alias files for each domain
> depending on the different hosts that can appear in the address.
> Since I can't quite believe that this is true, I want to ask here for
> assistance...

I think you might be using the word "domain" in a slightly different way
to the RFCs. In the standard usage, hosts are not "within domains", a
host name *is* a domain name. It's a confusing usage!

Anyway, you could (a) use a single alias file with fully-qualified
aliases in it, by setting "include_domain" on the director, or (b) use
separate files, provided you can compute the file name from the domain
name in an expansion, or (c) use a separate file for each group of hosts
that differ only in the first component of their names, using something
like

include_domains
file = /etc/aliases/${if match{$domain}{^[^.]+(.*)\$}{$1}}

so if the domain were a.b.c.d that would refer to /etc/aliases/b.c.d,
which could contain lines like

root@???: <some address>
root@???: <some address>

Hmm. That doesn't cope well with the case of x@??? (i.e. without a
leading component). I guess you have to be inventive and find some way
of recognizing those specially.

P.Hazel@???          New Museums Site, Cambridge CB2 3QG,
ph10@??? (sic)       England.  Phone: +44 1223 334714