[EXIM] Yet another wish list item

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Sean Witham
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: [EXIM] Yet another wish list item
On Wed, 8 Jul 1998, Sean Witham wrote:

> I first want to point out that this item is not as important to me
> as the re-write for drivers.
>
> The idea I wish to propose is support for peering between exim MTA.
> If an ISP is using Exim to relay email for one of its customers a
> lot of information such as the helo string and the ip addressed
> used by the connecting host is lost. If the cutomer uses Exim as
> the MTAs could be configured to pass on this information
> for processing against the customers own Exim anti spam settings.
>
> I don't want to say how this should be done but an example would an
> X-Exim prefixed set of headers. The Exim that receives such email
> for a configured trusted source could process the information as if it
> had collected itself.

Adding headers can be done already by various configuration options.
Doesn't this give you the functionality to do this? Doing anything
inside the code seems to me to be _very_ special purpose, and as I've
said on this list, I am hoping to spend time on the documentation rather
than the code for some time from now on.

P.Hazel@???          New Museums Site, Cambridge CB2 3QG,
ph10@??? (sic)       England.  Phone: +44 1223 334714