Re: [EXIM] Yet another wish list item

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Ben Smithurst
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] Yet another wish list item
On Wed, 8 Jul 1998, Sean Witham wrote:

> The idea I wish to propose is support for peering between exim MTA.
> If an ISP is using Exim to relay email for one of its customers a
> lot of information such as the helo string and the ip addressed
> used by the connecting host is lost. If the cutomer uses Exim as
> the MTAs could be configured to pass on this information
> for processing against the customers own Exim anti spam settings.
>
> I don't want to say how this should be done but an example would an
> X-Exim prefixed set of headers. The Exim that receives such email
> for a configured trusted source could process the information as if it
> had collected itself.

Is there really any need? The helo string, ip address, etc, can be
found from the Received: header.

What might be more useful is if the information was transmitted
*before* the message, so people could use more than just the envelope
to decide whether to reject mail, since if it is relayed via your ISP
the only IP you have is theirs, so you can't use the RBL, etc.

Perhaps some sort of esmtp code, you can make your own without much
fuss if they start with X can't you?

(btw, I don't actually want this feature, I'm just suggesting ways it
could be done...)

--
Ben Smithurst <ben@???> <http://www.scientia.demon.co.uk/>