Re: [EXIM] Yet another wish list item

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Sean Witham
A: Ben Smithurst
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] Yet another wish list item

On Wed, 8 Jul 1998, Ben Smithurst wrote:

> Is there really any need? The helo string, ip address, etc, can be
> found from the Received: header.

err, that was just an example (deiberately simplistic) the method of
sharing the data is not what interests me its what can be done with it
that does.

> What might be more useful is if the information was transmitted
> *before* the message, so people could use more than just the envelope
> to decide whether to reject mail, since if it is relayed via your ISP
> the only IP you have is theirs, so you can't use the RBL, etc.

That is what I had in mind. The intention of my request was the
ability to retain information that is normaly lost..

> Perhaps some sort of esmtp code, you can make your own without much
> fuss if they start with X can't you?

I don't mind how its the end result that counts.
Obviously I want the best method but I will leave that up to other
to decide.

--Sean