RE: [EXIM] Another relay question

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: John Horne
A: exim-users
Asunto: RE: [EXIM] Another relay question
On 11-Jun-98 at 18:12:13 Evan Leibovitch wrote:

> The last time I sent this out, I got replies about a typo I made but no
> answers. The question still goes unanswered and I'm trying just about
> everything to fix it with no answer in sight.
>
> I have a situation where a system using exim needs to forward mail for
> certain users to a specific machine in the local network; in the aliasfile
> is
>
> user1: user1@???
>
> and in the Exim configuration I have
>
> sender_net_accept_relay = 10.0.0.0/255.255.255.0

I think Philip's first reply would be 'what happens when you try using the
-d9 (or -d11 for DNS lookups) option'.

I'd also run 'exim -bP sender_net_accept_relay' to be sure that exim has what
you expect. Ensure that the 'forbid_domain_literals' option is false. Check
that the director/router doesn't have an 'exclude_domain' to the specified
domain you want. Check that the ipliteral router is configured okay. Finally
look in the reject logs. The reject message will indicate which config option
is doing the 'banning'. It will give a word (host/net or whatever) in
parenthesis...eg:
refused relay (host accept) to ....

Hope this gives you some pointers :-)

John.

John Horne                                     E-mail: J.Horne@???
Academic and Information Services              Phone :  +44 (0) 1752 - 233911
University of Plymouth, UK                     Fax   :  +44 (0) 1752 - 233919