[EXIM] HELO Syntax checking switch?

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Ben Loyall
A: exim-users
Asunto: [EXIM] HELO Syntax checking switch?

I have just run into a potentialy painful problem and am hoping I can find
a solution here. I gave a quick search through the last 2 month's
archives (which have been most helpful in the past) but came up dry.

We just upgraded our mail server from Exim 1.6x on Unixware to 1.82 then
1.90 on FreeBSD. Since this upgrade we have been having problems with
Pegasus mailers on Win95.

In short, due to win95 (in some circumstances) building it's hostname from
the username in the dialup configs, we have been seeing alot of:

1998-04-20 20:29:22 rejected HELO from [209.96.179.164]: syntactically
invalid argument(s): ppp:tbarstow

And of course, Pegasus barfs and won't send the mail.

For legacy reasons, we have to have dialup users place the ppp: in front
of the username. It would appear the colon is the issue.

We have found at least 2 fixes:

a) Pegasus has a command line switch that will let you force a valid
hostname
b) Installing MS networking on the box and specifying a valid hostname
there

Regretably, these are 1:1 fixes, and since we have 3300 customers
(smallish ISP), the above are rather techdesk intensive fixes.

I'm hoping there is a way to disable this syntax check for a netlist as
that is much less painful than 3300 phone calls.

Thank you for your time,

Ben Loyall
Postmaster & more
widomaker.com