Re: [EXIM] HELO Syntax checking switch?

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Ben Loyall
A: Chris Faehl
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] HELO Syntax checking switch?

I agree that the world that does it right should not have to adjust to the
world who can't do it right, but..... I do like to eat :) And since
this is caused by a bug in Micro$oft's TCP/IP stack..... history shows us
most of the world will use this program.......

We recently had to change our main dialup number. We advertised this
number for 4 weeks. In at least 5 system mailings, it was on our webpage.
I even bought radio spots talking about it. The local paper was kind
enough to do a page 1 article about it.

We still logged over 1500 trouble tickets about the number change in 2
days.

Morale of the story? customers, like children, do not listen to what you
tell them until it gets painful.

>From what I got from www.exim.org, headers_check_syntax pertains to any

header that might contain an address. like CC: Bcc: etc etc. From the
docs it looks like the _very_ first thing is the syntax check of HELO,
even before any address verification.

Thanks for the reply

Ben Loyall