Re: [EXIM] Alias/domain problem

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Dr Andrew C Aitchison
A: Evan Leibovitch
Cc: Exim Users Mailing List
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] Alias/domain problem

On Mon, 20 Apr 1998, Evan Leibovitch wrote:
> I have a system running using the 'include_domain' option for the
> 'system_aliases' director.
>
> if mail comes in as an exact match to something in the alias file
> (fakename@???) it gets translated fine. But mail that's not fully
> qualified does not get translated at all.
>
> Ie, mail to 'fakename@foo' does not get properly aliased.
>
> What I'd like is for unqualified addresses to get 'qualify_domain'
> appended to them before the alias match is done. Is this possible?

I had problems similar to those you describe when I first setup exim,
and was advised to add a "domains" line to the system_aliases director;
this is what I now have:

system_aliases_0:
domains = "dpmms.cam.ac.uk:pmms.cam.ac.uk",
driver = aliasfile;
file = /etc/aliases,
search_type = lsearch

system_aliases:
domains = "dpmms.cam.ac.uk:pmms.cam.ac.uk",
driver = aliasfile;
file = mail.aliases,
# file = exim.aliases,
search_type = nis0

After I had got most (all?) of my problems solved I was told that
a later version (1.72 ?, possibly 1.82) of exim fixed a bug which
I had triggered, which was causing my problems, so this may no longer
be unnecessary. At one point I had a NIS alias map specifically
for exim, with the aliases remapped the to the FQDNs, but I have reverted
to the standard NIS alias map.
My memory and records of the problem are vague, but I do remember that
there were some red-herrings, possibly including pmms.cam.ac.uk, an
obsolescent domain, which I have to maintain support for.

Dr. Andrew C. Aitchison        Computer Officer, DPMMS, Cambridge
A.C.Aitchison@???    http://www.dpmms.cam.ac.uk/~werdna