Re: [EXIM] Exim should advertise PIPELINING (RFC1854)

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Paul Mansfield
A: Philip Hazel
Cc: Exim users mailing list
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] Exim should advertise PIPELINING (RFC1854)
On Thu, 16 Apr 1998, Philip Hazel wrote:
> On Wed, 15 Apr 1998, Alexander Koch wrote:
> > and just a little bit faster for those mails with more than one rcpt

!snip!
> I must say that I am wary of implementing too much complication, as I
> have found over the 30 years I've been in this business that it is very
> easy to implement huge and grandiose schemes that actually achieve very

we've been told that our mail relays have been hugely better since
changing from sendmail...

I attribute this to two things:
- much better methods for preventing spam thus keeping it out of the relays
altogether
- exim not supporting 2001 different types of mail systems (uucp etc) and thus
being more streamlined and cleaner
- exim having only features which have been judged useful and genuinely an
improvement.

Software written by the "{mongolian hordes}" (See hackers dictionary) technique
is usually bloated, inefficient and has big holes where the committee of
architects assume its someone else's problem, such as being RFC compliant. A
certain company who makes mail systems for Intel platforms spring to mind

Any program which has a single architect is usually either coherent and solid,
or hopeless and buggy, and Exim falls into the first camp, IMVVHO!

Paul