Re: [EXIM] Exim should advertise PIPELINING (RFC1854)

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Alexander Koch
Cc: Georg v.Zezschwitz, exim-users
Temas nuevos: [EXIM] PIPELINING (RFC1854)
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] Exim should advertise PIPELINING (RFC1854)
On Wed, 15 Apr 1998, Alexander Koch wrote:

> Indeed. Whatever Dan is saying, I think this would be really useful
> and just a little bit faster for those mails with more than one rcpt
> for the same MX. With some servers it's a pain if you're waiting for
> each single "rcpt to" line being ack'ed by the remote host.

> I took the time (which?) and had a look at all those RfCs and I think
> that many of those new thingies Georg mentioned would be rather useful.

I must say that I am wary of implementing too much complication, as I
have found over the 30 years I've been in this business that it is very
easy to implement huge and grandiose schemes that actually achieve very
little in practice in real situations. That's probably why I was
attracted to the simple way Smail 3 worked, which I imitated in Exim.
There's a lot to be said for KISS (Keep It Simple, Stupid).

I will probably get round to doing some more blocking in message
transmission, but I'm not at present planning to go further than that.