Re: [EXIM] Exim should advertise PIPELINING (RFC1854)

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Alexander Koch
A: Georg v.Zezschwitz
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] Exim should advertise PIPELINING (RFC1854)
On Tue, 14 April 1998 19:40:03 +0200, Georg v.Zezschwitz wrote:
> I agree as well that it should also be supported on the client
> side. However, this is much more code and requires a complete
> rearrangement of the transports/smtp.c-code.

Indeed. Whatever Dan is saying, I think this would be really useful
and just a little bit faster for those mails with more than one rcpt
for the same MX. With some servers it's a pain if you're waiting for
each single "rcpt to" line being ack'ed by the remote host.

> P.S. I suppose supporting "ENHANCEDSTATUSCODES" would be the
> easiest and most useful next ESMTP-feature to implement.

I took the time (which?) and had a look at all those RfCs and I think
that many of those new thingies Georg mentioned would be rather useful.

> There were thoughts to implement more natural error messages
> in Exim. But a better way would be to implement the standart
> RFC and build up a parser for enhanced statuscodes for the
> end user. The end user systems knows best which language is
> understood by the client.

This I also like ,-) ... It's a more general approach being extensible
for the local administrator. One could make error files which are
included.

Alexander

--
"When we're born, we cry that we are come / To this great stage of fools."
(Shakespeare, King Lear)