Re: [EXIM] DNS

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Sherwood Botsford
A: exim-users
Cc: Exim List
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] DNS
On Wed, 15 Apr 1998, Dave C. wrote:

=
= I STRONGLY encourage ISP's and other organizations operating
= mailservers to configure their servers to require RFC compliance unless
= YOUR management demands that you make an exception, and can't be
= educated as to why not to do so.
=

I'm engaged in just such a battle right now. TelusPlanet.net
is the Alberta ISP branch of the the phone company.
Their mail server identifies itself as mailgate instead
of as mailgate.telusplanet.net, and people wonder why
my site doesn't accept email.

Last round: 'We're looking into it, but it's not an overnight
fix due to the other implications.' Must be running NT or something.
(I tried telneting to their port 25, but I get a bad port number.
So how does any mail reach them?)

Sherwood Botsford     | email avatar@???
Sorcerers Apprentice    | Office CAB 642B
System Administrator    | Tel: 403 492 5728
Trouble shooter            | Fax: 403 492 6826