Re: [EXIM] DNS

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Dave C.
A: Dave Sloan
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] DNS

> > > I guess it one of those things you have to live with (well put up with
> > > in M$ case).
> >
> > Nope. All of our mail relays require full RFC compliance. If someone
> > wants to use Microsoft, and it can't send mail to our relays, then they
> > can either fix it or live with it. I won't lose any sleep over it, nor
> > will I make exceptions for it.
>
> Agreed, my view of this satys, my peers at work see it differntly. I
> guess money means more than standards, hence the change ;-)

Perhaps they'll change their views when "the rest of the world"
doesn't accept their SMTP connections either. When something is
internal to a company, its easy for the nontechical managers and CEO's
to force the technical departments to make exceptions for things like
this. It's quite another thing to try and force hundreds or thousands
of other companies to configure their software in a manner not
consistent with accepted published standards.

I STRONGLY encourage ISP's and other organizations operating
mailservers to configure their servers to require RFC compliance unless
YOUR management demands that you make an exception, and can't be
educated as to why not to do so.