Re: [EXIM] question about verification of email addresses

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Paul Mansfield
A: Tony Earnshaw
Cc: EXIM Users (E-mail)
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] question about verification of email addresses

On Wed, 15 Apr 1998, Tony Earnshaw wrote:
> generally always exists (hostmaster or postmaster or someone I know),

I'm with Philip, testing with verify would
- slow mail down A LOT
- only have valid results in 20% of cases (its considered very bad practise to
allow verify to work as it poses a security risk, and some mailers like
SMAP/SMAPd always return positive)
- potentially cause just as many problems as it solves when mailing lists
and majordomo things are used, some of which "hide" targets anyway!

Paul