Re: [EXIM] question about verification of email addresses

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Tony Earnshaw
A: Philip Hazel
Cc: EXIM Users (E-mail)
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] question about verification of email addresses
Philip Hazel wrote:

> (1) This has been suggested before. Personally, I don't think it would be
> all that useful because it would work only if you connect to the final
> mailserver *and* it is the sort that allows VRFY *and* it does a genuine
> verification. Some mailers accept any local part and give an error
> afterwards (aol.com is like this) and it might be that they apply the
> same rules to VRFY, i.e. just do a plausibility/syntax/domain check.
> Actually, they don't allow VRFY:

I test by trying a user I'm almost certain cannot exist, then a user who
generally always exists (hostmaster or postmaster or someone I know),
then if positive, the user I want. The reason I bother is, that it feels
like a slap in the face every time I send mail to a user I know should
exist (i.e. abuse@), doesn't and Exim tells me. Then I have to begin all
over again on a new message.

> and, on a practical point, this would require a fair bit of messing with
> the code, which I'm not very keen on either.

Ah, now. That's something different ...

Tony

--
Tony Earnshaw