Re: [EXIM] question about verification of email addresses

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Tony Earnshaw
A: EXIM Users (E-mail)
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] question about verification of email addresses
Philip Hazel wrote:

> > I generally find out the mailserver(s) for the domain, either with exim
> > -bv or nslookup, then telnet to the smtp server on the mail server and
> > do a vrfy. If I can do that in a non-automated fashion, it must be
> > possible for Exim to incorporate this?

> See my previous response. What do you do if VRFY is disabled?

Strangely enough, generally it isn't. Even on the gamut of NT servers
that there are around. Obviously, if it is, I give up. But I'd say that
95% of all large mail servers, mostly Sendmail, are vrfy-enabled. Exim
is the exception in this case, I've enabled vrfy and etrn on ours - I
want people to know. They won't break our security, anyway :-[

> If you can't connect to the mail server?

telnet mailserver 25 works in 99% of all cases, including ours. I'd
think that sending mail to such systems where this didn't work would
give a *lot* of problems. Something that you'd expect from NT, in fact.

Tony

--
Tony Earnshaw
Systems Manager