Re: [EXIM] DNS

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Christopher Purnell
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] DNS
On Wed, 15 Apr 1998, Christopher Purnell wrote:

> Why is everyone misunderstanding me here? The order MX,A might be
> what is done for the original domain but A,MX is the order for
> unresolved targets of an MX lookup.

I don't know why, but I *am* misunderstanding you! The rule for handling
a domain is

Look up MX records; if found, each one points to a host name. Look up
the IP address(es) for each host so found (i.e. A records). The presumption
is that there is at least one. If not, the DNS is incorrectly set up.

If *no* MX records are found, then (and only then) look up an A record
for the original domain, and treat it as if there were an MX record
with preference 0 pointing to it.

I don't understand your comment "A,MX is the order for unresolved
targets of an MX lookup". I don't believe anywhere in the RFCs there is
anything about that.