Re: [EXIM] question about verification of email addresses

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Tony Earnshaw
A: EXIM Users (E-mail)
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] question about verification of email addresses
Joe Saladino wrote:

> My question is, can I use some kind of filter that would chat with the remote mailserver and stop short of actually sending an e-mail message? In other words I could do a echo "test"|exim -v <address> and when the remote host says something like unknown user then return with an error code that I could use in a program and if it says User OK or something like that, stop immediately and cancel the transmission of the message to the remote server.

I generally find out the mailserver(s) for the domain, either with exim
-bv or nslookup, then telnet to the smtp server on the mail server and
do a vrfy. If I can do that in a non-automated fashion, it must be
possible for Exim to incorporate this? I find myself doing it 2-3 times
a week, for various different reasons - abuse@ is one of them!

Tony

--
Tony Earnshaw