[EXIM] question about verification of email addresses

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Joe Saladino
A: 'EXIM Users (E-mail)'
Asunto: [EXIM] question about verification of email addresses
Hi:

I have compiled the latest version of exim and was doing some testing of addresses. It appears that it only checks the domain name and not the actual user.

My question is, can I use some kind of filter that would chat with the remote mailserver and stop short of actually sending an e-mail message? In other words I could do a echo "test"|exim -v <address> and when the remote host says something like unknown user then return with an error code that I could use in a program and if it says User OK or something like that, stop immediately and cancel the transmission of the message to the remote server.

This make any sense? Thanks for your help.

Later,
--
Joe

?