Re: [EXIM] Exim 1.90 AIX Compilation Problems

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Ian Southam
A: Philip Hazel, Ephraim Silverberg
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] Exim 1.90 AIX Compilation Problems
On Wed, Apr 01, 1998 at 10:16:39AM +0100 Philip Hazel wrote :

> On Tue, 31 Mar 1998, Ephraim Silverberg wrote:

> > make: illegal option -- w
> > usage: make [-eiknqrst] [-k|-S] [-d[A|adg[1|2]msv]] [-D variable] [-f makefile ] [variable=value ...] [target ...]
> > gmake[1]: *** [config.h] Error 1
>
> Weird. The script ../scripts/Configure-config.h contains just one
> reference to make, namely:
>
> make buildconfig || exit 1
>
> I can't see any attempt at setting a "w" option. Maybe something has got
> screwed up in the makefile itself.
>
> I think there are very few AIX users of Exim, and I don't have access to
> any AIX systems, so I'm afraid I can't help debug this very easily.
> Perhaps if you turn on some debugging options in "make", i.e. change the
> script to contain

We are running exim under AIX and it is working quite faultlessly.
We do though use GNUMake and I wonder if that is the problem here. The make
that comes bundled with AIX is a little wierd.

I find no reference to a make -w - or indeed a -w option at all in the build
though.

I did have to make the same correction to the build script (uname does not
return AIX but instead AIX-4.1.5 on our system).

Also the "newer" script failed to install any files, if they did not already
exist.

--
Ian